Julia Cady Cottage Garden Designs
Plants and Planting
- Beautiful but manageable planting is at the centre of my approach to garden design. I can help you to put the right plants in the right places – the key to a successful and manageable garden.
Good plant selection will help your garden look after itself.
- All-year interest An important element of my planting schemes is a succession of interest throughout the year, so that there is always something interesting to see, whether you’re in the garden
or looking out on a wintry day.
- Planting for difficult sites I can help solve problems with shady corners, damp spots or hot, dry borders. There aren’t many places where nothing will grow. It’s all about choosing the right plants.
- Renovating existing plants There’s no need to throw everything out. Existing plants can often be renovated and given a new lease of life to give instant maturity to a new scheme.
- Colour planning Help with planning colour schemes and combining plants in schemes which will bring out the best in them.
- Special areas and special requirements Expert professional guidance on creating a wildlife garden, a herb garden, a Mediterranean garden,
a garden for children, or a garden for older people with limited mobility.
- Follow-up visits Advice to keep your new garden looking good as it matures.